Mojang, The makers of Minecraft have officially unleashed the new version, Minecraft 1.5. It’s the biggest update since the launch of official game. The v1.5 brings reinvented Redstone, Nether Quartz, Animated Textures, Better inventory management, hopers and droppers. It also brings tons of performance improvements and tweaks. Minecraft 1.5 download is now available, if you already have the game, update it using Launcher.
Download Minecraft 1.5 Jar (Client)
Current status: Pre-release
Mirror: Minecraft.jar (4.8 MB)
Download Minecraft 1.5 Server Jar
Minecraft 1.5 Change logs (Notes):
- Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
- Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
- Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
- Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
- Added Daylight Sensor
- Added Trapped Chest
- Added Weighed Pressure Plate
- Added Block of Redstone
- Added Nether Brick (item)
- Added Nether Quartz and ore
- Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
- New command: /scoreboard
- New command: /effect
- Containers and mobs can have custom names
- Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
- Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
- Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
- Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
- More detailed death messages
- Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
- Many, many, bug fixes
- Removed Herobrine
How to update to Minecraft 1.5:
- Make sure your Minecraft is closed.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. Go to Run > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and hit enter.
- Copy your current Minecraft.jar file and back it up on other folder.
- Move your new Minecraft.jar (that you downloaded) and paste it (overwrite it) over old one inside Bin folder.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
- Please back-up your plugins, mods or even whole Minecraft directory before you update in case of any problem.
- Do you like the Redstone features in this update? Post your comment below!