Minecraft Forge API for 1.8.1/1.7.10/1.7.2 is a must have mod (application layer) for almost every Minecraft player. Minecraft FORGE API is a custom tool which prevents two or more mods to collide/conflict with each other so they can’t crash your game. There are many mods out there which utilize files with similar names or code but Forge built-in ModLoader assigns them different ID’s so they can be recognized and installed properly thus keeping you away from compatibility issues.
Description: A custom tool for easily installing mods in Minecraft.
Author: Minecraft Forge team / LexManos
File-size: 4.0~ MegaBytes
Release Date: 2nd September, 2014
Compatible: Windows, Mac, Linux.
Current Supported Version: Minecraft Latest Version
Latest Minecraft Forge API for Minecraft:
For 1.8 and 1.8.x – not available.
For 1.7.10: forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-installer (2.85 MB)
For 1.7.2: forge-1.7.2-10.12.0.1034-installer.jar (installer, 2.5 MB)
For 1.6.4 - forge-1.6.4-184.108.40.2065-installer.jar (installer)
Download older versions of Forge API:
For Minecraft 1.6.2 - minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-220.127.116.111.jar (2.0 MB)
For Minecraft 1.6.1 - minecraftforge-installer-1.6.1-18.104.22.1685.jar (4.0 MB)
For Minecraft 1.5.2 - minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-22.214.171.1248.zip (2.2 MB)
The above download link(s) get you the latest Forge version. It is updated periodically according to recent Minecraft updates.
[Guide] How To Install Minecraft Forge API in Minecraft
- Forge v1.8.x and 1.7.x comes with installer, you just need to double click it to initiate installation. However, If you are installing it on older version of Minecraft (i.e. 1.5.2) then proceed with the guide below.
- It is recommended to install Forge on a fresh copy of game.
- Download the latest version of MCF from the link above.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and press Enter
- Open your Minecraft.jar with any archive explorer (for e.g. WinRAR, WinZip)
- Now open Minecraft Forge zip file and drag and drop it’s contents in to the Minecaft.jar
- You will need to run Minecraft once to complete its installation. Enjoy.
There are hundreds of modifications present which make use of this API to minimize errors and provide smoother experience to player. The great thing about Minecraft Forge is, it’s updated on regular basis. The new builds bring you the more supported mods and exciting features. We hope that this tool will make your life easier while playing Minecraft. Have fun playing and keep checking this page to get the latest version of Forge.