Mojang has officially rolled out a new update, Minecraft 1.5.1 shortly after the v1.5. It addresses major game performance issues and dozen of minor bugs that were reported by the players. The MacOSX openGL crash has been fixed, falling blocks no longer glitch, you can now place paintings, stitching works properly. This update is compatible with previous version, you can install Minecraft 1.5 mods on 1.5.1. Check the changelogs for more details.
Minecraft 1.5.1 Jar Download:
- Minecraft.jar (JAR – 5.3 MB)
Minecraft 1.5.1 Change Logs (patch notes):
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
- Improved performance
- Notable: Falling blocks no longer glitch one step
- Notable: White stitching between blocks should be less frequent
- Notable: Crash on Mac OS X on “OpenGL Function Not Supported”
- Notable: Unable to place paintings
How to install Minecraft 1.5.1 Jar in Minecraft
- Make sure your Minecraft is closed.
- Download the Minecraft v1.5.1 jar from the link above
- If you are using Windows. Go to Run > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and hit enter.
- If you are using Mac OS. Go to <home>/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin
- Copy the new Minecraft.jar that you downloaded in Step #2 to bin folder. Replacing the old jar.
- Launch Minecraft to verify.
Tips and Warnings:
- Make sure your Minecraft is closed before upgrade.
- Please make a backup of your old Minecraft.jar before upgrade, in case you run into any issues.