OptiFine HD mod is officially released, it now supports the latest Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7/1.7.1. OptiFine HD is a performance mod which increases the Frames Per Second and graphics of your Minecraft by a great margin. This mod forces your graphic card to provide enhanced optimizations/rendering inside the game making the textures more beautiful.
OptiFine HD Mod allows you to customize almost every detail, you can control weather, fog, animations, grass, mob according to your needs. It’s a must have mod if you’re using Custom texture packs or stone-age computers.
Description: Performance increasing mod for Minecraft.
Filesize: 400~ kB
Last Release date: 19th October, 2013
Compatibility: SSP, SMP – Windows, Mac, Linux
OptiFine HD Mod Download
For Minecraft 1.7.2/1.7.3/1.7.4
- Not released yet.
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.6.2
Latest Release Notes:
Fixed Forge compatibility, Forge #897 and newer can load it from “mods” folder
How to install OptiFine HD Mod in Minecraft:
The instructions below are for OptiFine 1.6.4-1.6.2 versions and above.
- Download and install the latest release of Minecraft Forge API using its installer. Make sure you run Minecraft once after that.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft and press Enter then open mods folder.
- Download the OptiFine mod jar file and put it inside mods folder.
- Now Start Minecraft and verify mod installation.
The instructions below are for OptiFine 1.6.2 B4 versions and below.
- Download OptiFine HD mod according to your Minecraft version.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/versions and press Enter.
- You will see a folder named “1.6.3/1.7/1.7.1″. Duplicate (copy/paste) that folder in same directory
- Now rename that new duplicated folder to “moddedminecraft”
- Open moddedminecraft folder, rename 1.6.2.jar and 1.6.2.json files to following
- Now, open moddedminecraft.json using Notepad or any other text editor program
- Change “id”: “1.6.2″ to “id”: “moddedminecraft” and save the file.
- Open moddedminecraft.jar using WinRAR, drag and drop OptiFine mod class files into the jar (refer to Step#1)
- Delete META-INF folder from the jar or you will get blackscreen
- Now close everything. Start Minecraft launcher.
- Create a new profile with any name and use version “release moddedminecraft” from dropdown menu.
- Enter your username and password and Start Minecraft. You’re done.
- Try to install this mod on fresh copy of Minecraft.
- Always make a backup your current Minecraft directory, just in case.
- This can be installed easily using Magic Launcher.
- Risugami’s ModLoader is not compatible with it.